©2000-2002 3Dize Inc. All rights reserved
Saving and Exporting
How to Save Your Pages
It is very important to save your pages in Cool Page format. (.cpg)
At this time, Cool Page can only open files with the extension .cpg.
To edit your pages at a later date you will need to open these files in Cool Page.
The Cool Page files are not the same as the published webpages on a server that you see in your web browser. The published pages seen in a web browser are .html files.
1. Click the File Menu and select Save
and the familiar Windows Save As dialog will open:
2. Choose a location to save your page. Never save files in the Program Files directory (the folder where Cool Page is installed).
3. Choose the file format to be saved and press the Save button.
Important: When saving your pages in Cool Page format, Cool Page does not save and make copies of the files used on the page such as images, sounds, java applets etc. See the BackUp Your Files Guide.
How To Export Your Pages
Uses of Export:
• Testing Links - Export all of your pages to the same directory on your computer and view the pages to test the links.
• Separate FTP Client - Export and upload using a separate FTP program.
• Other HTML Editor - Export and edit HTML files in a text editor or other HTML editor.
1. Click the File Menu and select Export...
and the Export dialog will open:
All of the files used on the page will get Exported to your chosen directory. Notice the highlighted files in the image above. Cool Page exports 2 HTML files:
index.html files get displayed in Internet Explorer 4x and above browsers and Netscape 6x and above browsers.
index_nn4 files get displayed in Netscape 4x browsers.
t.gif is necessary for the page to display correctly in some browsers.
Important: If Publishing using a separate FTP Client, upload ALL of the exported files to the Host.
2. Choose a location to export your page.
3. Choose the file format to be exported and press the Save button.
Cool Page will show you the files that have been Exported: